Dear Readers,
The past few days were pretty eventful. We all met together for another meeting and discussed what needed to be done. We talked about our island the island that is ruled by kids until those adults come to pick us up. We said we had pigs to eat, bathing water to bathe in, and water to drink. We had alll the rescources we needed to survive on. We were all in good spirits or so I thought we were. When I looked over at this little six- year old boy who was all worked up about something, so Piggy gave him the conch to tell me what was wrong. He said he saw a "beastie", which was like a snake- thingy. He was really stirred up about it, which made all the other boys start to stir up about it. I told him that there was no such thing on an island this small. I was in my own mind trying to calm myself down. I was also a little stirred up about the fact. I was determined not to fall into the same mind frame as them and try to be calm and act like none of it was true. I kept telling him he was dreaming when he saw it and there was no such thing. We next discussed how we needed to find a way to let someone just anyone know we were there on that stranded island. So, we decided to make a fire, a huge fire for them to see in the sky. Before, I could order anyone to do a specific job everyone got up and left and followed Jack to go start making a fire. I was left behind with Piggy in the back trying to follow them. When we got up the mountain where they were building the fire I was trying to give orders , but no one would listen to me so I just let them go on their own. When the materials were ready for a fire we thought of something to start the fire. No one knew how to start it with sticks so we started it with Piggy's glasses and the sun. It worked the fire burnt. It was a big fire. We had another meeting but without the littleuns, they were playing down near the fire. I'm sure they were fine. We were talking about everyone's name we didn't have them written down and we needed to know them especially the littleuns'. Piggy didn't do his job , but in the middle of me yelling at him the fire fell and some on the littleuns' were near where it fell. It was a horrid sight. I assigned Jack and his hunters to watch the fire during the day and nights. We ended up all falling asleep there. The next day we decided to make huts, for shelter. We need it from the storms and predators. So, I was hoping everyone would help me make some, but the only one helping me was Simon and well I was quite upset about that. They wouldn't listen to me at all. They would work a little on the huts and then stop and go in the water or go do something else. When I saw Jack I told him about the matter, but he honestly didn't care. He was just worried about his hunting for a pig. Then, I asked him if he heard the little ones cry at night and become uneasy, and he said no. He was to sound asleep from him hunting all day that he was not even concerned about anyone else. Anyway, away from him, the little ones become uneasy because they are scared of the snakes or 'beasties". It made me worry about them at night and it kept me up, I was trying to think what could I do to help them feeel secure. I guess thats my next step. Creat a secure and safe place for us all.
Unrestful and worried,
Ralph
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.