Friday, November 13, 2009

Finally and then there were a ton

Dear Readers,
          My name is Ralph and I am one of the children who had to be evacuated from their homes. Being evacuated was kind of scary, but it was also kind of like an adventure. Although its not as much as an adventure as it is now. Let me tell you about my eventful life now. I am only twelve years old and like I said earlier I had to be evacuated from where I lived. So, my mom sent me on my way onto a plane. There were a lot of kids on the plane along with me. The plane ride was quite interesting. We were flying one minute and on a deserted island the next. I don't remember what happened because I passed out. When I woke up I saw such a pretty sight. Although, I was alone at first. Then, in a distance I heard something. Out from the jungle came a pudgy kid. He was quite a sight. We started talking and in our conversation we realized that there were no adults at the island with us. I was fine with that fact, actually I was quite relieved. On the other hand, pudgy didn't look so happy he actually looked kind of sad. It was an island for us to have without people yelling and telling us what to do all the time. He ended up asking my name so I told him. His name is Piggy, or thats what I call him. I don't think that's his real name, but Piggy seems to suit him. Plus, his name is humorous to say and hear. HAHA....The water here on the beach is quite warm and such a delight, the one part of it feels like bath water, because its so warm. Piggy and I were swimming for a while. When we got out we talked about our familes I told him my dad was a commander in the Navy. Piggy told me that his parents died so he had to live with his aunt. I felt bad for him to not have a mom and dad to care for him. Life goes on right, I mean there isn't anything I can do about it.
       We started looking around the beach and found a conch shell. I picked it up and tried to blow into it, but no sound came out. Then Piggy told me to use the air from within. So, I blew from my diaphragm, and this loud obnoxious sound came booming out. Although the noise was obnoxious I still kept blowing it because I finally got a hang of it. When I blew the conch  a little six-year-old boy came out from the jungle. He looked so scared and confused. He came up next to us and sat down. Then in the distance you could hear voices and then finally they became louder and louder until they were present. A lot of kids came our way. I blew the conch a couple more times before I stopped. When I looked up I saw this group with black cloaks on and I really wanted to know what their deal was. I didn't have to ask , because this kid that looked like their leader came up to me and said he was the captain of the choir. I said okay. The next thing I did was have everyone tell us their names. There were a lot but I got to find out the name of the kid who was the captain of the choir. His name is Jack. I also found out that the little six - year old boy's name was Johnny.
        We next figured out who would be the leader, and well arrogant Jack thought that he should be the leader because he was the captain of the choir. We ended up having a vote between him and I, and well I rocked the votes. So, with me as leader I decided that the first thing we should do is see if this is really an island. I picked two people to come on the journey with me. I decided to have Jack and Simon come with me. We went to the end of the island and looked around the corner to see if it was really an island, but we couldn't really tell. Then from the side we saw these big boulders. We decided to climb to the top and see the island as a whole. The island was a island and it was awesome. This is what it looked like:
"It was roughly boat-shaped: humped near this end with behind us the jumbled descent to the shore. On either side rocks, cliffs, treetops, and a steep slope: forward there, the length of the boat, a tamer descent, tree clad, with hints of pink: and then the jungly flat of the island, dense green, but drawn at the end to a pink tail. There, where the island petered out in water, was another island; a rock, almost detached, standing like a fort, facing us across the green with one bold, pink bastion."
     The island was quite a sight and it was really pretty. The water is also pretty, actually its beautiful. I haven't seen anything like it in my life. This is what it looks like: Simon and I started laughing at Jack for not killing the pig. Itwas funny, although I can tell why he was scared.
"The reef enclosed more than one side of the island, lying perhaps a mile
out and parallel to what they now thought of as their beach. The coral
was scribbled in the sea as though a giant had bent down to reproduce
the shape of the island in a flowing chalk line but tired before he had
finished. Inside was peacock water, rocks and weeds showing as in an
aquarium; outside was the dark blue of the sea. The tide was running
so that long streaks of foam tailed away from the reef and for a moment
they felt that the boat was moving steadily astern."
We got off the rocks and started walking back to where the other boys were and on the way back we discussed what we would eat. Jack said we could hunt animals. Speaking of hunting animals, that reminds me on the way back, we caught a pig and we were going to kill it but then didnt because Jack was to scared and it ended up squealing and getting out of our arms and running away. Haha its been quite fun lately on this island but that was just the first day with many more to come.

                                     Scared and full of joy,
                                              Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.